December 14, 2011

What Daniel Craig thought of ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’




Daniel Craig is on the publicity trail for his latest film, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

The film is an adaptation of the first novel in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy, and there is a lot of pressure for it to do well – not only because the novels are a such a worldwide sensation, but because the story has already been adapted to the big screen.

As Craig hops from interview to interview, a common question is what he thought of the books. Here is a sample of his responses.



“I had read them already. I stole a paperback off someone on holiday. Then I read the other two. You’d be at the airport and see the cross-section of people who were reading them, that’s how I noticed them. I kept seeing it on the bestsellers list and had no idea what it was about, and then you’d find 80-year-old men and 14-year-old girls reading it. That’s phenomenal.”

To Reuters:

"It's a book about sexual politics, it's a book about violence towards women and I don't think David Fincher or I would have done it if we had to hold back on that.”

At the film’s European premiere:

“I think they're great stories, and when they're great stories they catch something in the public imagination and they keep going so I'm really just proud and happy to be part of this.”


1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this. I loved the books, I loved the Swedish films, and it looks like I could love this too. After this film comes out on DVD, I'd love to take a day and watch it and the Swedish version to match then up better in my mind.

    ReplyDelete