November 23, 2011

The many faces of: Daniel Radcliffe


Did you know that EVERY movie that Daniel Radcliffe has starred in is based on a novel?

Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama

Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets









Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1 & Part 2)

Maps in December Boys

Arthur Kipps in The Woman in Black

Oh, and it looks like his next project will also be a film adaptation – he is tipped to star in The Amateur Photographer.




If you like this post, you may also like:
The many faces of Keira Knightley

7 comments:

  1. I recently saw Daniel Radcliffe on PBS Masterpiece Classic in, My Boy Jack, about Kipling's only son. It was wonderful. Daniel Radcliffe is a gifted actor and it was nice to see him in an adult role. I admire him as an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again! Yes, I was tempted to also go down the route of the TV Miniseries' that Daniel has starred in. Have you seen him in David Copperfield?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I remember seeing Daniel in David Copperfield, Danielle. He was so young but then, I never got "into" the Harry Potter series either - they just aren't the kind of movies or book I want to see and read. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, interesting. I hadn't realised this. I wonder how many other actors out there this applies to, and if it has been intentional? And I wonder how many books out there have been written based on a movie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point Rose - reverse adaptations/ film novellas will definitely be the focus of some upcoming posts!

    Sometimes it even goes full circle, when the book is turned into a film - and then the film is so different that it becomes the basis on an entirely new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching "David Copperfield" is amusing now, for the sheer amount of Harry Potter actors who appear in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Charity! Pre-Harry Potter days I knew very few British actors, but now it seems that they follow each other everywhere!

    Whenever I see Alan Rickman in a film, I can't help but imagine his cape flapping down the Hogwarts Halls.

    ReplyDelete