November 8, 2011

The many faces of: Keira Knightley


We know that Hollywood studios love film adaptations – but so do Hollywood’s biggest stars.

Keira Knightley is one actress whose face has brought some of the world’s most famous literary characters to life. Here are some promo shots that show Keira’s penchant for film adaptations - in particular those that involve period costumes.

Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice

Cecilia Tallis in Atonement

Helene Joncour in Silk

Georgiana Cavendish in The Duchess

Charlotte in London Boulevard
Ruth in Never Let Me Go

Sabina Spielrein in A Dangerous Method

And… of course we don’t have a picture yet, but don’t forget that Keira will also soon star in the title role of Anna Karenina.

5 comments:

  1. Keira Knightly "annoys" a lot of people in her movies, but I like her acting... so far.

    "The Duchess" was good; "Atonement" was just "okay," but I loved the new version of "P&P." It was especially good given the time frame filmmakers had to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed some resounding groans when she signed up to Anna Karenina, but I don't know why she annoys people so much. I think she's beautiful, and a fantastic actress. (It was a minor role, and not an adaptation, but I particularly loved her part in Love Actually!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She also was Lara in the BBC version of Doctor Zhivago! =)

    I like her fine. I don't know if she can pull off Anna Karenina (honestly? no one has, in my opinion -- maybe Vivien Leigh, that's the closest I have come to feeling sorry for Anna on film), but I wish her luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Charity, I knew I was missing something! :)

    ReplyDelete